Maui Downhill Safety Tips, Guidelines and Requirements
Your safety and pleasure are the primary key to our business success. We are proud to say that Maui Downhill has the best safety record and is the largest and the most experienced bicycle touring company in the state of Hawaii. After over 24 years in business, we are the experts in mountain biking operations and have taken all measures to make every biking journey a safe and pleasant adventure. All of our tours are guided by professional and experienced crew members. As an added safety feature, our crews are at all times in radio communication with other drivers and tour leaders and our headquarters.
Here are some guidelines and tips before you get on one of our tours.
- Wear warm clothing in layers.
- Competent riders – please, no beginners.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN.
- Minimum 12 years of age.
- 5 feet tall guideline height.
- Wear close-toed rubber soled shoes.
- Maximum weight for bike rider is 250 lbs.
- No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
- Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form.
Maui Downhill has over 50 employees guiding tours, maintaining our equipment, and directing our island-wide operations. We have over 300 bicycles, custom-built to our exacting specifications, each has powerful, non-fail drum brakes and comfortable cushion seats.
For our guests, we provide the newest and strongest poly carbonate ventilated helmets, the best lightweight all-weather gear, and insulate waterproof gloves.